How Do I activate the status link "View Workflow"

MayBe January 15, 2013

Hello,

We have an old Jira instance on Version 5.2 and a new instance version 5.2.

Inside the new instance i have a link "View Workflow" beside the status field. This is missing inside the old instance.

How do I activate that "View Workflow" link inside the issues view?

2 answers

1 accepted

10 votes
Answer accepted
Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2013

You can activate it using the permission scheme. There is a permission like 'View Read-Only Workflow'.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2013

Yup, grant that permission to the users of your project and they'll be offered the view-workflow option.

MayBe January 15, 2013

Worked like a charm.

aloraine October 24, 2019

Same.

0 votes
Adam Wride
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2016

We have an old JIRA Cloud instance (ends in jira.com rather than atlassian.net) and we couldn't see the "View Workflow" link in the JIRA issue view (though we have that feature in another JIRA Server that we maintain. I was worried that JIRA Cloud just didn't support this feature. But all that was missing was the permission that Vishnu Kumar mentions above. As soon as we added that permission for the project in question - the link appeared.

Suggest an answer