How Do I Search for Cascading Option where the second option is blank?

Bill Dowling August 23, 2012

We have a custom field that uses the Cascading Option. So you select something from a pull-down on the left and then you're supposed to select something from the pull-down on the right. But sometimes people don't select anything from the pull-down on the right.

I want to create a Filter that will show me all of the Issues for which someone has selected "JEFF" in the pull-down on the left but has not selected anything from the pull-down on the right.

How do I do that? (Assume that "JEFF" is "cascadeOption (1111)")

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nick August 28, 2012
customFieldNameOrId in cascadeOption("JEFF", none)

Create a new filter with the JQL above, and be sure to replace customFieldNameOrId with the name of the cascading select field or Id that you want to query.

Bill Dowling September 16, 2012

Thank you. That works (well, the none part does. The "JEFF" part isn't working for me, but the 1111 works there, and the none part is what I was looking for.)

Nick September 17, 2012

Glad to hear it works! The "JEFF" part came from your example, since you said it needed to be in the left-side option of the cascading select. You can certainly replace that with any value from the left-side option (including the 1111, as you mentioned above) to vary your results. Enjoy!

0 votes
Gabriel Viger July 15, 2020

Suggest an answer