How Do I Configure the Stock Select List (cascading) Configuration?

Steve Stringer May 9, 2016

I'm trying to add a cascading select list from the stock set of custom fields for Service Desk.  In the set-up screens, there is no way to configure the select menus, and the resulting UI is just two empty select menus with "none" as the only option.  

How do I configure these menus without purchasing an expensive plug-in?

What am I missing here? This seems like it should be simple.

Thanks in advance.

-Steve

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2016

I recorded this short screencast to show you how to do it

http://recordit.co/by1jWaXJ50

Wow, Chris. Thank you.  The screencast did the trick.

What threw me is that the configuration for a regular select list is on the initial screen where you create the custom field, whereas the config for the cascading ones is buried 5 layers deep in the field options.  I'd say that UIX needs some refinement.  :-)

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2016

You should be able to add options to the first part of the select list by clicking on "add" on the config screen - are you not getting the add button?  Or are you not finding the configure options for it?

No, there is no "add" button.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2016

Ok, does Chris's video help?  Could you tell us what you are seeing that is different?

Yes, the video solved this for me.  Thx.

Suggest an answer