How Connect my Jira´s Project with Firebase Console?

Arturo Pinzón November 28, 2018

Hi lads, well i´m stuck with my integration with jira on Firebase, i follo w the steps to connect jira but the error it´s the same everytime i try it, i not very familliarizated with jira, but i know the basic configuration to make a project.

In fact, the error showed in the firebase console when i try to connect to my jiras project is "Jira's project does not contain incidences of type Bug ", i can´t understand with the little bit of documentation avialiable about it, but i think that it is a problem with the configuration on the part of jira tool.

If any can help i'll really apreciated it

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 12, 2018

Hello Arturo,

I am not an expert on the Firebase platform or integration, I will do my best to assist you though. I did review the documentation and your reported error. It seems the disconnect here is that your project is missing the issue type of Bug. Firebase will create issues with your integrated Jira project with an issue type of Bug, and if this issue type is missing an error (similar to the one you stated above) will be thrown.

Follow this process to create an issue type of Bug within your project:

Create a "Bug" issue type

Firebase Jira integration creates issues with the type "Bug". You'll need to create this issue type if it doesn't already exist in your project:

1. In the Jira console, navigate to Project Settings.
  2. Click Issue types.
  3. Click Add issue type.
  4. Select "Bug", or enter it manually.

Source documentation: Add Jira integrations to your project

Please let us know if this helps to resolve your issue.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Jordan Preston July 6, 2020

Not sure if this will be helpful but When entering the "Jira project URL" formatting has to be as specified and the project "KEY" has to be in all capitals as per the format on Jira.

Suggest an answer