(How) Can I get the last comment of an issue in the Builtin Script Listener Email template?

Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2012

I was just wondering, but coulnd't find an answer:

Can I get the last added comment in the email template of the Builtin Script Listener? Getting all comments would also be ok.

Thanks in advance
Thomas

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2012

Something like this:

componentManager.getCommentManager().getComments(issue).last().body

Might need to check that getComments returns a non-empty list before calling .last on it. I have a feeling it will be in transientVars... you could dump that and have a look.

Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 8, 2012

Thanks - exactly what I was looking for!

Could you maybe point me to a documentation for this, so I don't have to ask every time? How do these groovy calls relate to the 'regular' Jira API?

Suggest an answer