How Can I disable or uninstall a Jira plugin ?

Manuel Campomanes January 26, 2012

When I go in plugin menu (manage existing), I click on a plugin and nothing happens, there is not buttons to disable ou uninstall this plugin (cf image01).

That the same on all plugins.

3 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2012

Hi

Alternatively, you can remove it from the installed directory and restart JIRA.

Cheers !!!

Vishnu.

Manuel Campomanes January 26, 2012

It not depends on my browser (i try it with two differents).

All other tabs are empty, maybe because of the entreprise proxy.

I used Vishnu method (the hard one) , I remove the plugin and folders created by plugins and after restart Jira, it works fine.

Thank's you all!

0 votes
Jon Sword
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2012

Maybe you could reinstall the plugin (using the upload button on the install page) and then remove it? If the plugin installation was corrupted somehow this might recover it enough to fix the issue so that you can remove it.

I would also restart the JIRA application, sometimes that fixes weird bugs like this and take a look at the logs.

0 votes
Benjamin Horst
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2012

That's strange. If I click on a plugin, it shows additional info and a "disable" button.

Do you have a script blocker running in your browser or something alike?

If you switch to "upgrade" tab, do additional informations show up in there?

Suggest an answer