How Can I Set An Automatic Estimate On Issues

NC July 3, 2017

I am trying ti achieve an automatic estimate upon issue creation is this possible with service desk?

i.e. all issues have an 8hours estimate etc.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 4, 2017

Automation Lite (a free add-on) can also do this for you using a simple automation rule.

Stefan Arnold
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2017

Never recognized that they have lite version too, thanks for the info. will have a look at it too ;)

Finn Falkner September 11, 2018

Aron, can you explain how to set Estimate field in Jira Automation Lite?
When I create Issue in Jira Automation Lite, the field "Estimate" isn't available.

0 votes
Stefan Arnold
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2017

There are multiple ways but i think all need an addon/plugin.

The Addon Jira Suite Utilities (Suite Utilites for Jira) offers a postfunction to set the value of a field in postfunction of transition.
With custom groovy script for the ScriptRunner plugin you could write a more complex behavior how to set the estimation or simply set the fixed to a value.
You would use both in postfunction of the create transition.

Suggest an answer