How Can I Set An Automatic Estimate On Issues

I am trying ti achieve an automatic estimate upon issue creation is this possible with service desk?

i.e. all issues have an 8hours estimate etc.

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Automation Lite (a free add-on) can also do this for you using a simple automation rule.

Never recognized that they have lite version too, thanks for the info. will have a look at it too ;)

This widget could not be displayed.

There are multiple ways but i think all need an addon/plugin.

The Addon Jira Suite Utilities (Suite Utilites for Jira) offers a postfunction to set the value of a field in postfunction of transition.
With custom groovy script for the ScriptRunner plugin you could write a more complex behavior how to set the estimation or simply set the fixed to a value.
You would use both in postfunction of the create transition.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

286 views 5 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you