How Can I Hide Parts of an Issue from Particular Groups / Users?

Deleted user February 8, 2016

Hi there,

I realize that I am trying to use JIRA (cloud version for now) in a way, that it was not originally meant to be used, but I'll ask anyway:

I currently use Kanban to visualize our customer onboarding process. Once they are live, I would like to use the cards (card = customer) as a kind of customer database. E.g. by copying to another project, where other employees can access non-sensitive data regarding the customer.

In order to accomplish this, I would like to remove certain sections of the issue:

Must: history & activity stream
Nice to have: Gliffy diagrams, attachments, transitions

The whole idea is to automatically use some of the relevant information gathered during onboarding and provide it to other users, e.g. support employees. These employees should, however, not know about the more sensitive details of the customer.

Do you have any suggestion how I can accomplish this? Any help is greatly appreciated

4 answers

1 vote
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2016

You can't. You can hide issues using issue security, but if they can see the issue they can see everything on it.

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2016

You cannot set visibility on field level using built-in JIRA features. There is a some popular feature request for this, but that was reviewed and postponed by Atlassian.

This add-on is a popular work-around though, which may or may not work in your case: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.quisapps.jira.jfs/server/overview

0 votes
Sarika Dalal
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2016

you can hide the part of issue from work flow condition and post function.there is condition for set user field on particular transition in which you give those user /group name  who will be assignee of that issue automatically it will hide transition from other users.

0 votes
Deleted user February 8, 2016

I almost thought so. Do you see a possibility on how I can (automatically, e.g. via Workflow) extract some issue fields and provide the contained information to other users somewhere else? Either in confluence or in JIRA?

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 8, 2016

The technical issue I see is how would you pass to the workflow where to put the info you want extracted? If you weren't in the cloud you might be able to use a listener to fire on the transition and pull the contents of specific fields and email them to create a new issue those people would have access to.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events