Hours report for logged work for a given time frame

Rajeev K Verma August 10, 2017

We current have Jira cloud instance installed in our environment. I was wondering if there's a way to produce a report showing a summary of all logged time along with a grand total for a given period (monthly report for logged hrs).

What I'm trying to achieve here is to track and report how much time my dev team is spending fixing maintenence issues. In order to accomplish this, I have created a filter which includes the Issue Category i.e Maintenance and the project as we have instructed everyone in the team to create a jira ticket with "Maintenance" selected from the list and log all time spent on that issue against it.

Using filter I am able to fetch the logged hours but with a catch. Suppose there is an issue which was created in May 2017 and developer worked on that issue in May and logged his hours for May and issue still in developement. Developer again worked on the same issue in June 2017 and logged his hours for June as well. While pulling the hours for June 2017 month, I am still getting May month hours in report and that is not the right output. I am looking only logged hrs which was logged by developer in June 2017.

Here is the snapshot of the filter I am using .

"Issue Category" = Maintenance AND project = "Project Name" AND worklogDate >= 2017-06-01 AND worklogDate <= 2017-06-30

I tried this also but the result still same.

"Issue Category" = Maintenance AND project = "Project Name" AND worklogDate >= 2017-06-01 AND worklogDate <= 2017-06-30 AND updatedDate >= 2017-06-01 AND updatedDate <= 2017-06-30

can you help check on this and help me to get the expected output.

Thanks,

RV

1 answer

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2017

You will need an addon for that purpose.

The cheapest one I know is Time Reports:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/timereports/cloud/overview

Its Support is quite good and fast as well.

Alternatively, I'd use eazyBI. It is more expensive than Time Reports, but can help you to create many other kinds of reports. It also has a great Support service.

Rajeev K Verma August 31, 2017

Thanks @Ignacio Pulgar time report is not giving me the expected result. 

I am using easyBI as well but again no expected outcome however, easiBI require more detailed knowledge to do more R&D.

Is there any work around if something can be done using the filter i mentioned above.

Suggest an answer