Hour-based report based on ticket creation

Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2015

We are trying to construct a report that shows how many ticket were created in a several time periods (shifts). Something like this:

Hour / Day:      day x | day y | day z

00:00-08:00        4    |    5     |   2

08:00-16:00        4    |    6     |   2

16:00-24:00        6    |    5     |   11

Can anyone suggest a more simple option than using specific date and time in JQL? We've been using 

created > "2015/1/19 00:00" AND created < "2015/1/19 08:00"

But this is of course a lot of manual work, and I would like an option to maybe use something more generic like combination of startOfWeek() and an hour. 

If not by pure JQL, maybe a plugin is able to generate this? eazyBI maybe?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2015

Hi Peter,

I just wrote you an e-mail.

In brief, the most efficient way of doing this kind of report in eazyBI would be to create a JIRA MISC calculated custom text field that, based on Issue creation date, returns the range and import this as dimension in eazyBI.

Let me know if you have any further questions regarding the JIRA Misc custom field formula.
Kind regards,
Lauma 

Jesse McCann April 18, 2019

How did you do this? Can you please post the answer to this page so others can see it as well??

Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 26, 2019

Hi @Jesse McCann !

I suggested Peter uses Jira MISC custom field to return a range (e.g. "00:00-08:00" for an issue created in that time period) for each of the issues. Currently, also a JavaScript calculated field could be created directly in eazyBI to do this, see https://docs.eazybi.com/display/EAZYBIJIRA/JavaScript+calculated+custom+fields

After the values have been calculated they can be imported as a dimension to eazyBI with following advanced settings

[jira.customfield_NNNNN]
data_type = "string"
dimension = true

Peter wrote the JIRA Misc formula himself, so I do not have this to share.

Lauma / support@eazybi.com 

Jesse McCann April 29, 2019

Do you think this would be possible in JIRA Service desk? Is JIRA misc Custom Fields required for this?

Suggest an answer