Hosting in case of JIRA internal setup

Hakob Simonyan May 29, 2013

Hello.

I have used internal setup of JIRA and done the following steps:

• Migrated Bugzilla DB to JIRA
  • Configured JIRA to use LDAP users.

I would like to go forword with internal (not on demand) setup, and get domain https://tabula.atlassian.net.

What kind of secure solutions can Atlasian suggest in case of Jira internal setup?

Thanks in advance,

Hakob

3 answers

0 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2013

Go through the process of securing the server and the Tomcat web server. Review and audit the usage of plugins. Review and audit permissions/roles/etc to find any loop holes. Make sure they are exactly as you need it. Review any other customizations that have been made.

0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2013

I think you should clarify what you mean by "secure solutions". Addressing what ? Additional tools? Setup? Don't you trust your users ?

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 29, 2013

How can you host your site on *.atlassian.net when the domain does not belong to you?

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 29, 2013

It's internal, and he can do whatever he pleases with his DNS ?!?!?

Suggest an answer