Hosted Jira Down ?

Orion Elenzil September 19, 2015

or is it just my organization ?

i know about the planned maintenance, but that shouldn't be for another 5 hours.

3 answers

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2015

This is something to raise with Atlassian support.  We're end users like you and have less access to your hosted system than you do.

1 vote
no_longer_in_sudoers_file
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 20, 2015

@Orion Elenzil, 

I just checked my personal Atlassian JIRA instance and it appears fine.  I also haven't heard of anything going on in any of our internal HipChat rooms.

However, @Nic Brough [Adaptavist] is right.  If you experience problems like this, raise a ticket at https://support.atlassian.com.  The people in the Atlassian support team are who I go to for answers as well. wink

You might also subscribe to the feed from https://atlassian.statuspage.io/.  If you're in an operations capacity, this site can notify you and keep you up to date if something is happening.

0 votes
Orion Elenzil September 21, 2015

Hi Sam and Nic -
thanks very much for your replies.

I'm replying late and in a single 'answer' because apparently I have zero 'points',
and with zero points Atlassian prevented me from even responding within 24 hours.

Long story short: this was my fault. I overlooked the "UTC" in the planned-downtime announcement from Atlassian.

Regarding filing a support ticket, I didn't mention it in my post, but I actually did that: but the "Create" button didn't work.  I was both patient and persistent, but it didn't work. Seems like an oversight on Atlassian's part.

I also checked the Status Page, which indicated no trouble, so that also seems like an oversight.

Sam, I'll subscribe to the status page you mentioned.

Thanks again for the thoughtful replies.

Suggest an answer