History lost when reporter leave the company

Our user is reporting the following issue. Any idea how this could happen?

Thanks

Jirong

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Over time tickets need to be updated with new priorities, or additional changes however if the "reporter" is someone that is no longer with the company the system will not let you save the changes until you replace the reporter with someone who is still in the system. As a result the entire history of the ticket is altered to show the new reporter as the one who made all the comments in the ticket and reported the issue.

This is a problem because the information of where the issue came from is lost. Currently I am just putting myself as the reporter so the priorities can be updated. But this posed problems because others reading the ticket assume I was the one that logged the issue.

The system should not alter historical comments, or require the original reporter to be changed when making updates to tickets after the person has left the company. This also skews reporting on tickets logged by person.

1 answer

2 votes

It's because you are deleting the old users.  That is not what Atlassian recommend when someone leaves.

Stop deleting the users, and just deactivate them instead.

Our domain controller has confirmed the following procedure: when a user leaves the company, their account will be removed from all groups and deactivated, then after 90 days, will be deleted. We can't change their policy, so what's your suggestion?

Stop deleting the users. You're destroying audit information.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,855 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot