Hipchat integration for JIRA. Are JQL queries supported for notifications or not?

Anthony Kilman March 12, 2015

Hello,

I noticed a version history update , and it seems like this should apply to JIRA cloud instances. Is this not the case? Our company has a cloud instance, and the plugin doesn't appear to be available.

Thanks!

Anthony

3 answers

0 votes
Bruno Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2015

Anthony, I'm sorry for the confusion. Please let me rephrase my last comment, I meant that this is not possible between the JIRA Cloud and HipChat integration. HipChat indeed released a new version that includes JQL support to configure notifications, but that's not available for JIRA Cloud only for JIRA Server. This has been introduced in HipChat 6.14.0 (as noted in the version history page) but JIRA Cloud is still running with HipChat 6.13.1. Up to now, I don't have an ETA on when this will be available to JIRA Cloud.

0 votes
Anthony Kilman March 12, 2015

Hi Bruno,

The plugin update noted in my link from my original question contradicts your point. Please have a look. The page indicates that new functionality was recently released to include JQL.

If that information is incorrect, that's another matter. I'm simply taking that bit as truth.

Thanks,

Anthony

0 votes
Bruno Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2015

Anthony, JQL queries are not supported between the JIRA and HipChat integration. You can only select the issue types and priorities you want to see, and choose if you wanna get notified when issues are created and/or when they're transitioned to a specific status  (image). The HipChat for JIRA plugin is free and pre-installed on all Cloud instances. You should be able to start using it by following the Configuring HipChat in JIRA Cloud documentation.

Suggest an answer