Hipchat discussion not working

Ajay Varghese January 21, 2015

I have configured Hipchat discussion for JIRA (so that the we have the liberty to discuss specific issues via Chat, when not at our desks).  After the initial setup, I am able to see the list of JIRA groups that are allowed to start and stop a hipchat discussions, and have enabled access for all JIRA Users.

But I still dont see a separate hipchat discussion section on the Issue (in addition to the standard Description, Comments, Attachments and Subtasks.

Any idea what I am missing?

2 answers

0 votes
Ashley Jean September 10, 2015

It took a little work but I managed to associate a JIRA project with HipChat and even created a room for discussions from an issue (following the instructions here). However, there are 2 HipChat Discussions sections that display one says there's "No discussion yet" while the other allowed me to create a discussion and provides a link to the dedicated room. The former, I believe is the one that should display the discussion text. After some investigation I found that we have HipChat Discussions that I added as well as the ones that were added by Atlassian as part of our OnDemand instance. IssueView.png

0 votes
Derrek Leute August 26, 2015

Did you ever figure this out? I'm seeing the same thing.

Suggest an answer