High CPU spikes

Zoe Li August 1, 2013

I have a trial version of Jira with Confluence installed on a redhat linux box. When I login, select project, etc, I found the CPU of the java processes shoot to 134% and the web page is refreshing so slow.

Is any setup can cause this issue? Any recommendation of setup?

2 answers

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2013

You might get more targetted answers if you provide some context, eg is it a VM, how much RAM do you have. Running both JIRA/Confluence on on machine is fine, but for the first few page loads expect things to be slow, CPU spikes are normal as additional libraries are loaded, templates cached etc. If you see this a s continual issue, there may well be a problem. Lack of physical RAM will cause the VM to spend more time garbage collecting to 'make room' for current tasks.

0 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2013

Hi Zoe, how have you set this up? Is is 32bit or 64bit machine? What version of RedHat are you running? Is this a virtual machine or dedicated server? What are the specifications?

Do you have a reverse proxy running or is JIRA and Confluence running directly?

There are many causes of performance issues. Have to debug where it is at by analyzing the cause of the issues.

Suggest an answer