High CPU load

Ruben Demey December 5, 2017

After enabling the GIT plugin and syncing two small repos, there's a massive CPU load on the MySQL process.

I did a reindex, restarted JIRA, restarted the server, doesn't seem to matter.

Strange thing is, this doesn't occur in a test server, which is an exact replica of our production server.

I waited a few hours, assuming the load might decrease over time, but it never does.

Any clue as to what the issue might be?

2 answers

0 votes
Adam Wride
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2017

Hi @Ruben Demey - 

I'm with BigBrassBand - the vendor supporting the Git Integration for Jira add-on. We'd be happy to take a closer look at the performance issue you're looking at.

Could you contact us at support@bigbrassband.com?

Cheers,

Adam

0 votes
Eduard M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 5, 2017

Hi Ruben,

The mysql server is running on the same machine? I would make sure mysql is configured with sufficient memory and the server OS still has plenty of RAM. 

You can run 'SHOW FULL PROCESSLIST;' in mysql client as admin/root, to get a list of the running queries. You may need to do this repeatedly, and see if there are any particular queries that are running for a long time or re-running frequently.

If that doesn't show you enough, you may need to enable to query log temporarily and analyse it for anything indicating frequent activity. 

mysql> SET GLOBAL general_log = 'ON';

When you are done capturing queries, switch it back to OFF.

The queries will be logged to your log location, for example /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.log.

Also try to run 'mysqlcheck -c jiradb  -u root -p' with jira shut down, to verify the entire jira database for any problems.

If all these are normal and the problem still occurs with the GIT plugin only, it may be indicative of other problems related specifically to the activity of the plugin.

Suggest an answer