Hiding resolution field via javascript in view screen

Raju KC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2013

How can i achieve that?

The following code does not work!!

<script type="text/javascript">
(function($) {
AJS.toInit(function(){
AJS.$("#resolution").hide();
});

JIRA.bind(JIRA.Events.NEW_CONTENT_ADDED, function (e, context) {
AJS.$("#resolution").hide();
});
})(AJS.$);
</script>

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chaithra N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2013
Raju KC
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 25, 2013

Ok i got the link..

1 vote
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 20, 2014

The code for Jira 6.2.4 needs to be changed a little bit:

<script type="text/javascript">
(function($) {
AJS.toInit(function(){
AJS.$("#resolution-val").hide();
});

JIRA.bind(JIRA.Events.NEW_CONTENT_ADDED, function (e, context) {
AJS.$("#resolution-val").hide();
});
})(AJS.$);
</script>

0 votes
Sameera Shaakunthala [inactive]
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 25, 2013

To the best of my knowledge, if the Resolution field is shown editable (loaded into the edit/ transition screen), the field is compulsary. Which means, even though you hide the field using Javascript, JIRA will expect a value for the Resolution field upon the form submission. (server-side validation)

This is not an answer to your question but what you are trying to do seems to be making no sense.

Suggest an answer