Hiding custom field for selective users

Rahul Arora June 18, 2014

I want to hide/show Custom field for the create, edit & View issue screen for selective users. how can I achieve that in JIRA/

3 answers

0 votes
Rahul Arora June 18, 2014

@DaniloOk I understood about the workaround but is there any option for making the field non -editable for all users except JIRA-admins if I can't hide it

0 votes
Danilo Conrad
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2014

Hi Rahul,

The feature below was created to request this, and it was closed as 'Won't Fix'.

I would recommend to check the issue above for more details about the decision for Atlassian not implementing the feature, as well to check the workarounds provided in there.

You may also check the Field Security Plugin from Quisapps, as mentioned by Nic.

This other question also provides some additional alternatives to achieve what you want:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/36337/hide-custom-fields-for-praticular-group

Cheers,

Danilo

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2014

You can't, natively. Jira doesn't do field level security.

You could try to do it with ugly javascript hacks, but they usually fail and are a pain to maintain. A far better option is the Quisapps field security plugin, which does the job really well

Suggest an answer