Hiding Priority field from Task screens

Sally Mitchell May 15, 2017

Hi,

I've created a custom field called Task Priority and would like this field to be displayed only for issue type Task. For all other issue types, I would like the default Priority field to be displayed.

I created a new screen called Task Management and removed the Priority field from this screen and added the Task Priority field. I also created a new screen scheme called Task Management Scheme and associated this screen to it for the issue type Task, and assigned this Scheme to the Issue Type screen scheme for this project.

When I create a new Task in this project, or Edit an existing Task, the correctly fields are displayed (my new screen, without Priority and including Task Priority), but all existing Tasks that have already been created are still display the Priority field when viewing the issues in JIRA. How can I remove this Priority field from the view in JIRA? It's not on any of the Task screens for this project so I would expect not to see it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sally

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2017

Hey, Sally - I believe you will need to hide the Priority field in the field configuration for Tasks, as well. In the field configuration settings, you should see that the Priority field has four Action links:

action_links_field_config.PNG

If you click "Hide," the field should now be hidden from issue types which use this field configuration.

Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2017

Here's documentation on field configurations in case you need it! :)

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/specifying-field-behavior-776636443.html

Sally Mitchell May 16, 2017

Thank you so much - it worked! That was the missing part. I created a new Field Configuration for Tasks in that project. I thought it might just work with the new Screen and Screen Scheme, as the Priority field was not on the Screen for Tasks...but the Field Configuration was needed. Helpful article link. Thank you!

Suggest an answer