Hiding Information from Activity Stream

Alyson Reis February 6, 2015

Hello again,

I'm still on my quest to make JIRA our official support tool and I'm finally getting somewhere (mostly thanks to answers.atlassian!). Right now, I have successfully created and configured a basic support project that will allow us to get started,

However, the user I created for my customer (made him member of a specific group with access only to the support project and jira-users so he can login) can somehow view updates in my Confluence instance from the Activity Stream gadget as shown below. While this user cannot actually access my Confluence as he lacks permissions, I'd like to know if there's a way to completely hide this gadget or avoid Confluence updates from showing up?

activityStream.PNG

Thanks in advance!

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2015

Just remove the Activity Stream gadget from the System Dashboard. So navigate to Administration -> System -> System Dashboard and here is how to remove: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/91087/can-i-delete-a-system-dashboard-gadget

For "non-customer" users you can create a dashboard that has the Activity Stream. Just go to Dashboards -> Manage Dashboards.

O M May 23, 2017

This does not prevent that user to create new dashboard and add Activity Stream manually. Also, it does not work for situation where user should have Activity Stream but see only his project activity.

5 votes
Jared Keebler June 10, 2016

I'm not an admin and want to prevent private content from displaying in the activity stream while I'm working on it. This should be settable at the content level and another reason I would hesitate to use the system for any serious work. Back to the silo for now.

0 votes
Xavi Carpena May 25, 2017

I have an activity stream widget inserted and I would like it to show only the comments done in the blog. I have been adding a specific label (label X) to certain blog entries. Is it possible to add this (label-X) as a filter inside my activity stream widget?

Thanks in advance,

0 votes
Alyson Reis February 9, 2015

Thanks, that did the trick.

Cheers!

Suggest an answer