Hiding Hours Worked in Tempo from Non-Admins

ryanmoorman November 13, 2013

Hi. My company is researching the feasibility of implementing Tempo to replace our current itme tracking software. Within our internal issues (such as vacation time) I want to see if there is a way to prevent non-admin users from viewing the amount of time that other users have input on the project. Let me know if this is possible. Thank you!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2013

Hi once again,

after checking this better, I found that you can limit access to the internal issues. You need to change the "Browse Project" permission in your internal project, so that only the Admin users have this permission. Other users will still be able to log time on these issues (if they have the "Work on issue" permission on this project) and see them in their own timesheets but will not be able to view the Project timesheet and hours logged by other users.

Viðar Svansson [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2013

This is the correct solution.

ryanmoorman November 13, 2013

Thank you Susanne. This solution should do perfectly! I look forward to seeing the improvements to Tempo Teams in 7.8.

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 13, 2013

Hi Ryan,

this is not possible in the current version of Tempo Timesheets. If a user can log time on issues in this project, he can also see the Project timesheet. We are working on improvements in the Tempo permissions and this is one of the issues we are looking into. The first improvements are done regarding Tempo Teams and will be released in Tempo Timesheets 7.8.

Best regards

Susanne (Tempo)

Suggest an answer