Hide unwanted project templates

Krista Dyer July 21, 2021

Hello, 

Is there a way to hide unwanted project templates? We only want to have the ones we pay for to show up in the project templates. We are on the team managed JIRA Software. I dont see a setting where I can hide unwanted ones. 

Thanks! 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2021

Hi @Krista Dyer 

When you say templates you 'pay for', what do you mean?  Which templates would you want to hide, and why?

Thanks,

Liam

Krista Dyer August 2, 2021

We only want to see software development. We can see all the other templates but we are only allowing our users to create certain projects. I want to be able to control what they can and cannot select in templates. Its very confusing for team managed project managers what options they have when there are so many. I just want to limit what they can see as the JIRA admin. 

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2021

Hi @Krista Dyer 

This article will show you how to manage global permissions.  If you remove the 'create team-managed projects permission' then users will not be able to create the project.

Unfortunately it is not possible to simply delete specific templates.

Hope that helps,

Liam

Like Özge Kavas likes this
Krista Dyer August 3, 2021

Thanks for the information. 

Krista

Suggest an answer