Hide transitions base on project?

James Brown April 10, 2017

I have multiple projects that share one workflow with many states so that we can dynamically add and remove states in a controlled manner. Unfortunetly there are about 20 transitions which can be transitioned to at any time.  You can restrict transitions in a kanban board by only using the desired transitions. However once you go to the issue screen and click the dropdown it displays every transition. Is there any way to exclude transitions?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2017

If you edit the workflow, you can add "condition" which will prevent the users from using the transitions inappropriately.  But a better solution may be to edit the workflow to make the transitions non-global.

James Brown April 14, 2017

Unfortunately, this is not an effective way for me to manage my projects workflows.  We have a list of available statuses for teams to choose from. Once a project is started, the team decides which steps they would like to include in their Kanban Board.

Suggest an answer