Hide transition from user

Deleted user June 28, 2017

I am attempting to use the Hide Transition from user condition in one of my workflows.  It appears to only be partly working.  The condition did hide it from the view screen for an issue.  However, the transition with the condition is still viewable on the drag and drop agile board.  Am I missing a step, is this a bug, or is this simply how it works?  Any help would be great.  The "Github tran 01" is the one that has the Hide Transition condition on it.  Also we are using Jira Cloud.  

Jira Transition issue (3).jpg

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2017

The "hide transition" you're using only hides it on the JIRA view screen.  It still exposes it to other methods that allow the transition.

To stop the user using it, use a normal condition, not a "hide" function.

Deleted user June 28, 2017

Thank you and I have another condition that does prevent any user from using the Github transition.  So, I do understand how to lockdown the use of the transition.  However, having both transitions viewable like above will do nothing but cause confusion for the users.  I only want one option viewable to the user on the drag and drop screen.  Is it possible hide the Github transition from this screen? 

0 votes
Sonny de Wit August 31, 2017

This seems odd. I've just tested this, and adding the "Hide transition from user" condition to one of my transitions immedately prevents users from dragging issues across the board to the transition's target status. Removing the condition undoes this effect.

Maybe the behaviour changed during a JIRA update? I'm using 7.1.4.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events