Hide this Tab for all Users (Crucible + Fisheye)

Christian Selbrede
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2012

When my users are browsing their JIRA issues, on the main screen they see tabs for review and source. Clicking on them shows an ad for a 30 day trial. When clicking on hide this tab, my users are then taken to an administrative screen.

They cannot remove these tabs unless they are administrators.

How can I remove the review and source tabs for all my JIRA users, without them having to be admins?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
MinC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2012

If you want to limit the usage of FishEye/Crucible to certain users, you may limit which users that able to see the tabs by associating them to the View Version Control permission of the projects. Thus, if you do not want certain users to see the tab, please remove the user's groups/project roles from that permission. Also, you can try to disable the following modules for FishEye plugin via Administration > Systems > Plugins > FishEye Plugins:

• FishEye Issue Tab Panel
  • Crucible Issue Tab Panel
  • FishEye Project Tab Panel
  • Crucible Project Tab Panel
Christian Selbrede
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 4, 2012

Thank you! That did it.

Merryn Wright April 28, 2014

Hi there

That doesnt help me as I dont have Fisheye or Crucible set up.... but those tabs still show for the user groups , and I have also disabled developer tools for all users. What now? "this is the message i have... There are currently no Application Links configured between this JIRA installation and a FishEye or Crucible server"

0 votes
Christian Chapman April 18, 2013

Hello...so, I added a 'Contact' Field for Issue creation and it worked fine except it didn't appear in the Status view of the Task after creation if you didn't initially select a Contact to add....in the process of trying to change this behaviour I received a message that I needed to re-index. Since that time in all of the Tasks a *really annoying Tab is there for Fisheye and one for Crucible. Where did these come from and how can I get rid of them? "Hide this Tab" doesn't work but I really don;t want them to appear in the first place and do not want to have to always select Hide Tab....Thanks.

Suggest an answer