Hide tabs

Deleted user January 26, 2015

Hello,

is there an easy way to hide some tabs in the activity section of an issue?

We want to hide the "Source" and the "Reviews" tab. For the "Source" tab I revoked the permission to anyone for the "View Development Tools". I have tested this and I got back the expected message: "No one currently has the 'View Development Tools' permission."

But I still see the "Source" tab sad

Has anyone an idea?

6 answers

0 votes
Deleted user February 2, 2015

I found a way to hide both tabs ... I just disabled the "FishEye Plugin", it´s a System add-on.

It was so easy smile

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2015

I don't believe it is possible unless you go in and modify the base code. Tabs are just a logical division of the screen. If you somehow hide all the fields on the tab the tab may not appear. There may be a plugin allowing you to hide the fields. If I have fields I want to restrict access to I put them on a transition with conditions that only allow the right people to execute.

0 votes
Deleted user February 2, 2015

No one has an idea or this impossible to hide this tabs?

0 votes

I have access to a Jira installation v5 and there aren´t this tabs visible. But I don´t have anybody there to ask how they did this sad

0 votes

This I mean ...

development.jpg

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2015

What is View Development Tools?  Is that a field? Tabs are just a logical way to organize fields on a screen. All the tabs count as the same screen.  You may not be able to hid it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events