Hello,

is there an easy way to hide some tabs in the activity section of an issue?

We want to hide the "Source" and the "Reviews" tab. For the "Source" tab I revoked the permission to anyone for the "View Development Tools". I have tested this and I got back the expected message: "No one currently has the 'View Development Tools' permission."

But I still see the "Source" tab sad

Has anyone an idea?

6 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
Joe Pitt Community Champion Jan 26, 2015

What is View Development Tools?  Is that a field? Tabs are just a logical way to organize fields on a screen. All the tabs count as the same screen.  You may not be able to hid it.

This I mean ...

development.jpg

I have access to a Jira installation v5 and there aren´t this tabs visible. But I don´t have anybody there to ask how they did this sad

No one has an idea or this impossible to hide this tabs?

Joe Pitt Community Champion Feb 02, 2015

I don't believe it is possible unless you go in and modify the base code. Tabs are just a logical division of the screen. If you somehow hide all the fields on the tab the tab may not appear. There may be a plugin allowing you to hide the fields. If I have fields I want to restrict access to I put them on a transition with conditions that only allow the right people to execute.

I found a way to hide both tabs ... I just disabled the "FishEye Plugin", it´s a System add-on.

It was so easy smile

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

128 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you