Hide specific details in Activity and History tabs

Himanshu Patel October 11, 2017

We want to set access permissions for the values of fields displayed in Activity and History tab available in 'Issue detail page'. Say for example - We have a custom field 'Employee Rates' in issue screen which displays the rates of our company employees and is to be hidden from university associates. But currently, the details are displayed when we add/update the field in Activity and History tabs available in 'Activity' section on Issue detail page. We want to set access permission as per the user role for the fields (Default or custom). Let me know how to achieve this.

1 answer

1 vote
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2017

JIRA doesn't have field level security out of the box. I believe the Behaviors plugin does. There may be others.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2017

Joe is right, there is no field level security.  You could try hiding stuff with javascript or Behaviours, but that's not going to stop the users getting it from the raw html or REST interface, and it will continue to be visible in search, reports, activity and history.

There is an add-on by Quisapps that does a good job of hiding most of it (I know how to bypass it, but it's good enough to stop all but an expert)

Suggest an answer