Hide project reports for customers

Wolfgang Stelzle August 25, 2014

Hello,

in JIRA there's a bunch of reports as 'project pivot', 'time sheet' and so on. They're great for internal usage.

But now we want to invite our customer to a JIRA project and hide all of such reports. We basically only want them to see the status of our work (sprint and backlog) and provide them a possibility to report bugs.

I've searched for hours now to hide such reports or entire menu-entries, but couldn't find an appropriate solution. Can you help?

Thanks a lot and best regards, Wolfgang

3 answers

0 votes
Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2014

The customer should only have a basic role, for example the user role, in order to be able to report and comment issues only. Using the Hide Time Tracking plugin you can prevent him to see the Work Log.

0 votes
Wolfgang Stelzle September 8, 2014

Hi Jose, thanks, that's no good news. can you hide an entire menu for a certain user group? I would then create a new group 'customer' and hide the entire report menu.

Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2014

Hi Wolfgang,
with normal Jira tools I think it is not possible or I am yet not aware about it. But at least it is recommended to check the Permissions given, especially: View Development Tools, Time Tracking Permissions

If a group should have limited access to issues, one possibility is to share the user role only.  No permission to Edit Issues, Work on Issues, etc., but having the possibility to report and comment issues.

Also possible is to create specific screens, field schemes and transition views. But this would be a lot of work and would need care to keep it working.

0 votes
Wolfgang Stelzle September 7, 2014

Hi Jose,

thanks for your answer and sorry for not getting back to you earlier. Unfortunately we're using JIRA on demand. Therefore the plugin Hide Time Tracking is not available. Any alternative you know of?

Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 22, 2014

Hi Wolfgang,
sorry, no, and Atlassian obviously does not have either, see JRA-2364 - Hide Time Tracking estimates from certain users (e.g. customers). I do not know, if in your case it would help to work with security-levels, giving the customer access only to separated issues.

Suggest an answer