Hide or collapse announcement banner

Gorakshnath Thorat December 18, 2017

Hi,

Pls let me know if there is any way to hide or collapse announcement banner after reading it as it eats up lot of space in case of multi line banner. Appreciate help in this regard.

Thanks,

Gorak

2 answers

1 vote
Leirbag Assuab July 11, 2019

Hi @Gorakshnath Thorat and @somethingblue! I know is long time since this question was posted but maybe this info could be useful to someone with similar requirements:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-discussions/Announcement-banner-depending-on-page-visited/td-p/910568

In this post some custom CSS is applied to the banner and then it's displayed as a pop-up at top-right corner of page. Users can also close it after reading the announcement.

1 vote
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 28, 2017

Hi Gorakshnath,

I found a Community post where a user needed to hide the announcment banner and only show it to users that were not logged in.  The snippet of code they used to hide the banner was 

AJS.$('#announcement-banner').remove()

You can see if you can set this to hide after a certain amount of time so your users will only see it temporarily.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer