Hide fields when status is in-progress?

Javier Ferraez April 27, 2016

We're currently using one project for Customer Service reported bugs, which contains all the customer information needed to triage and resolve the problem. Many issues get fixed by CS, but some are bugs that need a developer to look at them. When that happens, we move them to a DEV project, which contains less information so that it's cleaner for the developer. The problem, is that between moving an issue from CS to DEV, there is a prioritization exercise that requires that additional information to decide which bugs are more important.

So my options are to create a new project for prioritization with all the fields. Which I don't love, but could be done, or to use a workflow to show where an issue is at.

My question is, could I create a custom status for when the bug gets to development that automatically hides all the extra information they don't need? If yes, how? If no, I'd love to hear other suggestions.

2 answers

0 votes
Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2016

I don't think there is any clean way to do this.

One way might be to clone the original bug and move the cloned issue to DEV. A link is created between the original issue in CS and the cloned issue in DEV. The person prioritizing the issue for DEV can use this link to see the original information and decide on the priority.

Also, CS can see the original ticket, can see the status of the linked ticket, and can update the customer.

Chris

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2016

No, not out of the box. Being on cloud your other options are limited. If the behavior plugin is available it may help.

Suggest an answer