Hide all the field help texts from issue screens Edited

I've already found the workaround to hide specific field help texts from issue screens, e.g. https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-remove-the-start-typing-to-get-a-list-of-possible-matches-or-press-down-to-select-label-from-all-fields-779305894.html.

However, I'd like to remove all the description helps of all the fields and for all the screens. Is it possible or I must dig into all the `.desc` properties of `<JIRA-INSTALL>/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/com/atlassian/jira/web/action/JiraWebActionSupport.properties` and maybe similar files? 

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Alessandro,

You would need to modify each file manually per the How to remove the "Start typing to get a list of possible matches or press down to select" label from all fields knowledge base article:

This message is hard-coded in JIRA ...

From what I've seen in the past in and in my research you would need to find the references ending in .desc and remove those from the JiraWebActionSupport.properties file.  In addition, I have not run into any additonal files that need to be modified at this time.

I would be sure to backup this file before making modifications and if possible test the changes in a test instance so you can be aware of any impact it may have on your workflow.

Finally, you'll also want to be aware that these changes do not persist through an upgrade. If an upgrade on JIRA is performed, these changes will need to be re-applied.

Cheers,

Branden

Thank you for clarifying, Branden!

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

112 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you