Hide Worklog Updates in Jira Issue updated emails

Steve Parks December 10, 2014

We use JIRA OnDemand and Tempo and we have several users in a group called Clients.

We are trying to hide anything work log or tempo related from them.  Especially emails saying "Joe User logged 3 hours on PRJ-123"

8 answers

0 votes
Steve Parks December 18, 2014

@Mike Solomon,

Thanks!  I just voted and watched it.

-Steve

0 votes
Mike Solomon December 18, 2014

Hey @Steve Parks,

JIRA is aware of this. I recommend voting for and following this issue to stay in the loop.

-Mike

0 votes
Mike Solomon December 15, 2014

@Steve Parks - you're not alone on this.

I had my project setup to suppress notifications for work log updates and it worked beautifully until recently.

A couple of weeks ago my team and I started to receive notifications when work was logged to an issue. I noticed that JIRA thinks that the issue is being updated as opposed to the work log being updated. Since my team and I are setup to receive notifications about issue updates, I will receive emails about the "Time Spent" field being modified.

I guess a work around would be to add listeners for fields that you want updates for but I haven't had the time to test that out. 

If someone from Atlassian was to investigate this, it may be worth noting that I started receiving the undesired "Time Spent" emails around the time JIRA upgraded to use new modals.

0 votes
Steve Parks December 12, 2014

Mike,

That's exactly what I'm experiencing.  Very frustrating.

-Steve

0 votes
Steve Parks December 12, 2014

Hi Ollie,

In my Notifications, 5 different Work Logged types and they are all off.  Nobody is set to receive them.

-Steve

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2014

Pls check the notification

Events---Work Logged On Issue

0 votes
Steve Parks December 10, 2014

Hi Paula,

I don’t think this is what I was asking.  When someone logs time to an issue in Jira, it sends an email to all Watchers saying “Steve has logged 3 hours to this issue”.  That’s what I want to prevent from happening.  I don’t want my clients receiving emails whenever the Work Log is updated.

-Steve

0 votes
Paula Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 10, 2014

Hi Steve,

Please check Workflow Notifications for Approval Process in order to see how to disable Tempo notifications.

Thanks and regards,
Paula Silveira

Suggest an answer