Hide Transition Button from Service Agent

Rinju Mukherjee August 9, 2017

Dear Experts,

I have defined a workflow for the incident management, where there are some transition button, which I would like to hide from my service agents. For example, I have defined a transition called 'Cancel Request'. Once customer raises an incident, customer can cancel it at any point in time (before it is closed). But this button is also visible in the Issue view for my service agent. It does not make sense that a service agent cancels a customer's incident. Hence I would like to hide it from service agent but should be visible to my customer. 

Please suggest, how to achieve it?

Thanks

Rinju

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2017

You can add a workflow condition that - User is not in group of "service-desk-agents" or User not in role of "Service desk team"

Workflow conditions help you show/hide transition button based on some condition so based on above condition  you can hide the transition button for users either in a specific group(service-desk-team) or a role(service-desk team) - depending on your jira instance.

These conditions are available out of box by plugins like JMWE, Script Runner, JIRA suite utilities. 

Rinju Mukherjee August 9, 2017

Hello Nic, Hello Tarun,

Thanks to both of you for your quick replies. I added condition 'Only the reporter of the issue can execute this transition'. In my case, Repoter will be customer only. So it worked for me.

Thanks

Rinju

Like Luca Gianfrancesco likes this
3 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2017

Place a condition on the workflow transition to prevent the agents seeing it.

Suggest an answer