Hide Sub-tasks finished in previous sprint.

Ricardo Costa August 11, 2022

Hello,

I'm using stories to address a user goal, and each story has multiple sub-tasks that a lot of  times are not all completed inside a sprint. 

When I finish the sprint and start a new one with the same story, I would like to only see the sub-tasks that are not finished (hide the ones that were finished in the previous sprint).

Is this possible to achieve with an automation or something similar.

Thanks

Ricardo

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You can't hide the sub-tasks in an active story - they need to be shown on the board in order for a story to be classified as "done" when it, and all of its pieces

It's a bit like saying "I'm going to move my jigsaw from one table to another, but on the second table, I don't want to see any of the pieces I've definitely got in the right place".  Your jigsaw will look incomplete even if you finish placing all the remaining pieces on the second table.

Thanks Nic.

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2022

Hi @Ricardo Costa welcome to the Atlassian Community!

If the team is not able to complete a sub-task within a sprint, then I would consider breaking up the stories/tasks into even smaller chunks of work.

You would need and issueFunction in your JQL filter which is not available natively.

Ok. Thank you Dave. 

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events