Hide / Show custom field based on value in another field.

AbrahamA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2012

Hi

Is there a way I can enable one field based on value in another field.
Is there a portable way?
Looks like I have to change scripts if the solution is based on custom field id's when I move from dev -> test -> staging -> production
I have a dropdown(select) with 3 values val1, val2 and val3
If we select val1 then another field ( a text filed) need to be enabled.
It could be either enabled/disabled or hidden/shown which ever is portable.
Please let me know.
Abe

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2012

I think you've answered your own question. The documentation you've linked to is the best place to start, and there is no more "portable" way available, unless you write some extra code to work off the name of the field (which is risky because you can change the name of a field very easily)

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2012

The only issue with the above approach is that i will not work in JIRA 5.1 with inline edit enabled.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2012

Very true. All these javascripty tricks are vanishing as Jira's interface becomes more clever...

Suggest an answer