Hide Projects in New Jira Cloud

Daniel Pérez October 25, 2017

Currently i'm not able to hide projects in new Jira Cloud experience, in the previous version i configured as Closed Project using a different scheme, but this scheme isn't longer working in new Jira Cloud. Can you please help me?

2 answers

0 votes
K_ Yamamoto
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 6, 2018

Hi Daniel,

It's pretty late to respond, but I try to provide helpful information to someone who encounters the similar issue to you.

Apart from the unexpected behavior you've described, please also consider to watch and vote JRACLOUD-1450 which makes you able to archive projects.

Cheers!

Daniel Pérez September 7, 2018

Thank you Kenta, i will check!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2017

You'll need to check what the scheme is doing - it should limit "browse project".  Check the rule in there for who has permission to browse the project and then check the settings for the project.

Yes, in my scheme no one have permissions to browse project.

In Old Jira Cloud, worked fine.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2017

I'm using Cloud too, and I don't have this problem.

Could you show us what your users are seeing for a "closed" project?

Sure, here is, as you can see is the new Jira cloud. Is a scheme without any permission, that worked in my old jira cloud.

Project Permissions - JIRA 1.png

Currently all users are able to see the project.

Projects - JIRA.png

But once they clicked they see that the project isn't available (Cause Confusion) for that reason i desire to hide the name from project list.

Project not found - JIRA.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 25, 2017

Hmm.  That's definitely a bug.  You must be slightly ahead of my Cloud instance, where "no browse = no sign of project anywhere"

I'd definitely raise this with https://support.atlassian.com/contact

Thank you Ric, i already send my feedback to Atlassian!!

Remko Mollema April 17, 2018

Hi Daniel,

Did you get a satisfying answer for this question? I'm facing the same issue!

Carlos Espeja Mendoza (G2) May 3, 2018

i have same problem

Nikki Branca November 20, 2019

@Nic Brough do you know if this bug has been fixed? I am having the same issue.

Thank you, much appreciated. 

Suggest an answer