Hide Issue Type

Mohin Uddin April 16, 2013

Hi Expert,

I want to hide some specific issue types from drop-down list of Issue type field without issue type migration.Is there any way to do this.Have a look screen shot below.

Could you please inform me?

Thanks

Mohin

5 answers

0 votes
soumyajit April 20, 2020

but those options are not working in jira 7.6

0 votes
Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2013

Hi,

Look this link .

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/159706/hide-select-lists-of-project-and-issue-type-from-the-create-screen

it's can help you

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2013

as @Michal suggested if don't want have issues with hidden issuetypes then create new issuetype scheme

still you want hide issue types using javascript try with following code

<script type="text/javascript">
 $(document).ready(function() {	
	$("#issuetype option").each(function()	{
   if( $(this).text() == 'issuetype name' || $(this).text() == 'issuetypename' ){
    $(this).remove();
		}
	});

});  
</script>

Raju KC
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 13, 2013

@rambanam

Your JS does not work for me in 5.x version.

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 13, 2013

try with this

<script type="text/javascript">
jQuery(document).ready(function($) {
	JIRA.bind(JIRA.Events.NEW_CONTENT_ADDED, function(e,context) {
		$("#issuetype option").each(function()  {
   if( $(this).text() == 'issuetype name' || $(this).text() == 'issuetypename' ){
    $(this).remove();
        }
    });
	});
});
</script>

i suggest you to add js code as webresource, check the following post

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/47843/strange-javascript-problem-in-create-screen

Deepali Bagul February 24, 2017

This doesn't work for JIRA 7.2.3. @Rambanam Prasad any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

0 votes
Mohin Uddin April 16, 2013

Hi Michal,

I want to only hide Issue types from drop down list.

Thanks

Mohin

Michal Husar
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 16, 2013

So in some of your projects user will not be able to create Issues with hidden types, that means, that in these projects you don't want have Issues with these hidden types? Because if yes, then you can use different "Issue type schemes" for different projects..

But if you want have Issues with these hidden types in project and they will be hidden only in drop-down list, I don't know if this is possible.

0 votes
Michal Husar
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 16, 2013

Hi Mohin,

do you want only hide Issue types from this drop-down list or also disable(block) creation of Issues with this hidden Issue types?

Suggest an answer