Hide Done tasks from backlog in cloud jira.

Aleksey Eropkin November 18, 2019

Hi all.

I'm using next-gen software type project and I enabled sprints with backlog after some use like Kanban. In backlog I have a lot of done tasks. How I can hide them? I can't find any filters for this

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2019

Verify the 'done' tasks have a valid resolution value. there have been several posts about next gen projects showing 'done' without a resolution value. The 'done' status should only have issues with a valid resolution. It may be a problem with how your done column is setup. It should have issues in one or more statuses WITH a valid resolution. In some cases workflows where not setup properly. The workflow should either allow the user to pick a resolution from the transition screen or set the resolution in a post function when moving to a status mapped to 'done. 

I'm sorry. Can you please explain - done status with resolution value? 
I did not create special workflows.
I have such dropdown menu http://joxi.ru/E2pJ3E4ia9dwlr

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2019

Open one of the done issues in your backlog. In the detail section the resolution should have a value like fixed, resolved, completed, etc.,, not 'unresolved' Unresolved means the field is NULL in the database. When you setup the columns you define the requirement for the issue to appear in the column. The done column should only have issues with a resolution value. 

I created board Resolved and changed status of my tasks. It's a magic) 
Thanks a lot. 

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 18, 2019

If this solved your problem please mark my answer as accepted

Alex Battiston April 21, 2020

Hi, where do I find the "resolution"  field in next-gen kanban board?Annotation 2020-04-21 180507.jpgAnnotation 2020-04-21 180652.jpg

Like # people like this
Lee Probert July 10, 2020

+1 - I dont see a Resolution option in the new gen boards. I can't hide my Done issues from Backlog.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer