Hide All, worklog, History, Activity for a Particular user group using Script Fragemnt

manikanta ch September 27, 2020

Hello All,

I am trying to hide All, worklog, History, Activity tabs on Jira view screen. I am able to do that with the below script fragment

script.PNGwhen all tabs are hiding except comment but when user comment on the issue comments are not visible. I am new to scripting can you please help me to write a script to hide activity except comment for a particular group in Jira project using script fragments.

Thanks in advance,

CH 

1 answer

0 votes
Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2020

Hi @manikanta ch ,

Actually script fragments would hide UI elements from all the users and not just one user.

Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2020

If you want to hide activity UI elements(except comments) for all users , you must add 

com.atlassian.jira.jira-view-issue-plugin:activitymodule as UI element to be hidden

manikanta ch September 27, 2020

Thanks @Niranjan for comment.

I have used same module which you mentioned, all tabs Are hiding except comment but when users are commenting on issues, comments are not visible. My requirement is to hide all activities tabs except comment for a particular user group in a project. Please let me know if any solution.

Michael Ries December 13, 2022

Hi,

i am currently stuck at the same problem.

Hiding the activity element using fragments (and including/excluding certain groups) seems easy, but we can´t lose the comment section by doing this.

any solutions?

greetings Michael

Suggest an answer