Hide Affect and Fix Version and Component

K Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2012

Since Issues are a Jira generic term to use for all sorts of items (whether client request, service request, enhancement, etc), we want to create issue types for other business units besides engr/dev. However, fields like affects or fixed versions, or components are not applicable.

Why are these not options to show on a screen and is there a way for me to hide them? I've created my own screens and associated to a screen scheme and defined for the issue types - so, these customizations I have made work fine. But, I just don't want these other fields as they cause confusion in View mode, even though they cannot edit them.

Any ideas?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2012

As you can create the screens and assign them to a Screen Scheme, you can create 3 types of screen per issue:

1- Create Issue Screen

2- Edit Issue Screen

3- View Issue Screen

In each one you can select which fields you will show.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 23, 2012

I'll recommend to create the screens, then assign them to an screen scheme, and then assign that screen scheme to an issue screen scheme. In fact, that is the way it works ;)

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 23, 2012
I used the same screen for all three states of create, edit, and view. However, the view always shows priority, affects version, components, and fix version even though I do not include these on my screens. I know iit is applying my scheme because my others custom fields are there and it is properly displaying for the different schemes I have for each of my four issue types.
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 23, 2012

Must be something wrong inside the screen scheme... Maybe the default option... Or the mapping with the issue type... In my case I have the 3 screens for every issue type and I never had any problem.

Could you check to what screen is mapped the default inside the scheme?

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 23, 2012

The only thing left to see is if in fact you are creating the type of issue that is indicated to that screen, I believe it is the CAPA-DMAIC as I see.

If not, I think that yes is time to a support ticket :(

K Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 23, 2012

I have my Edit screen which is defined below as my default screen in the scheme.

All of these fields are showing up, in conjunction with those others mentioned.

My issue types are associated with an issue type scheme that is associated with my project.

Any my issue type screen has the correct screen schemes. Maybe I need a support ticket for this?

K Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 23, 2012

When I select this issue type, my create screen is correct. It's also correct when i edit. I just have these other fields which I expect are standard in my view - even though I don't have those on the screen for the view action. They are just not appropriate for this project and causes confusion.

Thanks for everyone's feedback and assistanc. I ended up inputting a support ticket. I'll update this based on what I find out from them.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 23, 2012

Oh, wait, which are these fields that your are saying? There are fields that are from the system and can't be erased uness you do a little dev. I think I totally misunderstood the issue!

2 votes
K Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 23, 2012

The responses regarding setting up the screen schemes and issue type screen schemes are all correct and ones that I did.

The response provided by support was that I had to also set up a Field Configuration and then a Field Configuration scheme for my project.

I wanted to hide Priority, Affects Version, and Component. So, I created field configuration in which these fields are hidden.

Then I created a field configuration scheme and associated these issue types to that field configuration. I have one issue type that I need priority for so I'll create a separate field configuration for that.

Once I applied the field configuration scheme to my project, those fields were no longer visible in the Details section.

Suggest an answer