Hidden field depending on a Database Custom Field

Philippe Leménager
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2013

Hello,

I would like to have a child field of a Database Custom Field that could be hidden to the user.

For instance, I have a Database Custom Field where user choose a country by its name and I need to record the country code in Jira database to export this code later in another database. The query that gives list of countries extracts also the country code corresponding and I can have a child field that take this code automatically when user choose a country name in the select list.

If the child field is associated with a screen, the code is properly recorded in Jira database but if not, the code is not recorded. But if the child field is associated with the screen, it's shown to the user and I wish to hide it. How can I do that ?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Philippe Leménager
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2013

Finally, I don't need this for the moment.

I've concatenated the department code and the department name and the resultant string is shown in the databse custom field.

I will export only the 3 first characters of the value because I just need to export the code.

But this fonctionaality should be useful ! Think of it !

0 votes
Philippe Leménager
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 30, 2013

I've found a way to hide a custom field : In "Field Configuration" screen, there is a link to hide each fields individually.

But the child field is not modified when the Database Custom Field is modified and the child field is hidden. In my opinion, it's a bug or a lack of function.

I now will try to hide child fields with Javascript.

0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2013

Hi Philippe,

If you're talking about dbcf ( https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.keplerrominfo.jira.plugins.databasecf ) I'm afraid this is not possible right now. However, you can add an improvement request on http://bugs.kepler-rominfo.com/ ; we'll see what we can do.

Philippe Leménager
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2013

Yes I mean this plugin but my question is not specific to it. More generally, my question is : "Is it possible to hide a field in a screen ?"

If it's possible, you don't have anything to add to your plugin because child field can be anyone existing in Jira project.

Suggest an answer