Hidden Reporter Filed result anonymous value !

Ahmad Al-Abbadi January 3, 2018

After setting up issue security level and set Reporter permission to access created issue, and hide the filed to be set automatically the reporter who creates the issue: the filed result  Anonymous  !!! How can I sent this filed automatically without give the permission to the user who create the issue Not to change the reporter user ID !?!

How can fill a hidden filed automatically or any filed ?

I didn't find the Reporter filed in Post function in Workflow Transitions :S

Thanks in advance,

Ahmad

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 3, 2018

Reporter is a system field.  Because of this, you can actually remove the reporter field from the screen in use here rather than hiding the field in the field configuration scheme.  This means that the user will be unable to edit that field.  But since this is a system field, even if it is removed from the screen and is not editable, you can still see the value when looking at the issue in Jira.   Reporter is automatically set to be the user that created the issue in Jira, that is already happening automatically.

If your administrators need to be able to change the reporter value after the issue has been created, then they should likely be using a different screen that in turn has the reporter field on it in order to be able to change the value. 

Defining a screen explains in more detail how do do this.

Ahmad Al-Abbadi January 4, 2018

Thanks, This works for me :) But I don't know why it was reported as Anonymous before add filed and remove it ! Maybe because it was Hidden ..

Suggest an answer