Hi

Adejumo Magbagbeola February 12, 2017

Can you install JIRA Software,  Helpdesk and  Confluence  on the same  server  ?

Will there be issues with the ports ?

Meaning will i have  to change the default ports as JIRA software's default  is   port  8080  

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2017

Yes you can put both systems on one server, but watch the resources for memory and CPU.   No, your ports will be fine, as the default ports for JIRA and Confluence are different - JIRA is 8080, Confluence is 8090

JIRA Software and JIRA Service Desk are applications that run on a JIRA Core platform, within it, so there's no ports for them, they're in JIRA.  (Note, you can download Core, Software or Service Desk and then add the applcation(s) you need, but the usual advice is to download Software, install that and add Service Desk to it via Admin -> Manage Applications)

Adejumo Magbagbeola February 13, 2017

Thanks for that  very Quick and  nice Answer. 

The JIRA Core is the same as JIRA Software right ?  I have already  installed the JIRA Software - Will i have  to  download the core again? 

Also For the Email configuration, is their any documentation for setting  up outgoing and  incoming Emails for Office 365 ?  Do I  have to change port 25 to 993  for office 365  ?

Regards 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2017

No.  JIRA Software is an application that runs on top of core, as I said already.

You have used an installer which installs Core with a pre-installed Software in it.

Suggest an answer