Hi team, can we edit any project using free jira account through postman or any integration tool?

Soumya Mariyala February 1, 2021

I'm trying to edit the project that i have created in Jira Cloud platform through postman 
and my integration tool 
As I'm using free account it is showing an error
{    "errorMessages": [        "Changing permission schemes is not allowed on the Jira Software or Core Free plans."    ],    "errors": {}}
Is there any way I could edit projects in free jira account with postman 

2 answers

1 vote
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2021

@Soumya Mariyala 

While it is not possible to set permission on a Free plan (neither UI nor through API) one might say that updating a project's description should work, indeed.

Assuming you just wanted to set the project's description, you'll be running into the following:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-74569

If so, you could upvote the linked bug - otherwise you would need to upgrade your Plan to, at least, a Standard plan - according to the limitations listed here for the "Free" Plan:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/what-is-the-free-jira-cloud-plan/

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2021

Good inclusion of this bug - that's totally not obvious!

0 votes
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2021

@Soumya Mariyala - Yes, but it's not possible to modify a project's permission schemes via the API or manually via the UI.

Suggest an answer