Hi i'm using JIRA tool, and i need to get benchmarking with an other. please tell me an othor tool like JIRA ?

Fatima Zahra ZACRAOUI June 10, 2015

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2015

Benchmarking what?  

If you want other issue tracking systems, have a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_issue-tracking_systems - the comparison is handy and it's a pretty good long list

Thank you smile, i need to do  that becauseI have a presentation and I do benchmarking to justify my choice, you see

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2015

Benchmarking usually means looking at performance metrics, but those could be anything from end-user speed of response through to how much time your users spend on the tool. If it helps, the story I've heard was that JIRA was written because Bugzilla was getting in the way of developers doing real work, and it's grown from a simple issue tracker into a solution for all sorts of things. It's a lot more powerful and flexible than most other trackers out there, but it's unfair to try to compare with others in a vacuum - you really need to examine it in the context of which you'd like to use it. There have been times when I've recommended NOT getting JIRA because it's overkill, or simply not what the users actually needed. But you need to see their needs first.

Ah okay I see, because I have developed an interface using API JIRA REST, so I'll try to compare it with another tool according to following criteria such as: - The possibility of using the API which is not possible for another tool - Web service rest and soa - Integration of SLA and something like that

Suggest an answer