• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • Hi When I've used Jira in the past several years ago users could add time directly to the task cards when dragging across the swim lanes. It looks like the task has to be opened up now. Is there a way to configure this or is this functionality lost?

Hi When I've used Jira in the past several years ago users could add time directly to the task cards when dragging across the swim lanes. It looks like the task has to be opened up now. Is there a way to configure this or is this functionality lost?

Dave Bentley June 30, 2016

Hi When I've used Jira in the past several years ago users could add time directly to the task cards when dragging across the swim lanes. It looks like the task has to be opened up now. Is there a way to configure this or is this functionality lost?   

1 answer

1 vote
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2016

You should assign a Screen to the transition from status to status. On this screen you should include the Time Tracking field.

You can never drag issues from swimlane to swimlane.

Suggest an answer