• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • Hi Team, I am new and working as Admin with JIRA 6.2 and I see bug as no summary was provided and unable to read email history, please help me where the configuration was not done correctly and only few emails giving me this sort of issue.

Hi Team, I am new and working as Admin with JIRA 6.2 and I see bug as no summary was provided and unable to read email history, please help me where the configuration was not done correctly and only few emails giving me this sort of issue.

Abhishek Sharma June 2, 2015

1 answer

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2015

I'm afraid your question is too confused to make sense of.  I can see that you're an admin on JIRA 6.2, but beyond that,I am sorry, but I cannot follow it.

Could you explain, in simple short sentences, what you are doing, what you expect to happen and what is actually happening?

Abhishek Sharma June 3, 2015

Thanks Nic,

We are facing some issues related with Subject, which shows no subject provided and also unable to read the description while different teams are working on the same request. It shows To; From but CC is blank although I see it has CC: xyz@gng.com, and also the subject which shows : No subject provided.

Please let me know if we need to change the configuration.

Regards,

A

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2015

I'm sorry, but that still does not explain what you are seeing, what you are doing or what you are expecting. What does "no subject provided" mean? Where are you seeing it? What's "unable to read description"? (It's a field, it has data, if you can't read it, you shouldn't have put bad data into it). What are you trying to do with To and From? What is the email setup and what are you trying to do with the email? You've not even said if this is about send or receive of email, or even if it's something else.

Abhishek Sharma June 3, 2015

I am not able to explain properly, I will try again. We are facing issues with few emails where people are working together while answering each other when the task gets completed. So, unable to read the email and creating dublicate requests. So this is how am able to see the message and copied a section for example:- Subject: =?utf-8?B?Rlc6IERFVksgUsOcQ0tWRVJTLi1VLkJFVEVJTC4gKFJlY2hudW5nL0JpbGxp?= =?utf-8?B?bmcpICBmb3IgUmVpbnN1cmFuY2UgQWNjb3VudGluZy1EZXB0LiAgLSBCZWxl?= =?utf-8?B?Zy1udW1tZXIvSW52b2ljZSM4NjY4ODMwIDExNTkgLSAxLiBDYXQuIFhMIHBl?= =?utf-8?Q?r_31.12.2014?= Thread-Topic: =?utf-8?B?REVWSyBSw5xDS1ZFUlMuLVUuQkVURUlMLiAoUmVjaG51bmcvQmlsbGluZykg?= =?utf-8?B?IGZvciBSZWluc3VyYW5jZSBBY2NvdW50aW5nLURlcHQuICAtIEJlbGVnLW51?= =?utf-8?B?bW1lci9JbnZvaWNlIzg2Njg4MzAgMTE1OSAtIDEuIENhdC4gWEwgcGVyIDMx?= =?utf-8?Q?.12.2014?=

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 3, 2015

I'm sorry, you still have not told us what you have set up in terms of incoming and outgoing emails? What are your users doing that breaks it?

Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2015

Its possible the subject is encoded in a way that cannot be extracted. For what its worth, I can decode that subject just fine using JEMH. If you are seeing _mail headers_ that implies someone has attached a message as an attachment and you're trying to 'use' that content directly, which is still encoded. As you can see, its not something eyes are good at! Extracting the content is probably possible by exporting and loading it into a stand alone mail client that can read it, or even, get JIRA to 'load it' into a project setup without notifications. JEMH can also be used for that.

Suggest an answer