Hi, Jira cloud issue search error (status is not valid for your current project and/or issue type

Deleted user February 5, 2018

Hi,

Jira cloud issue search error (status is not valid for your current project and/or issue type selection )

please any one help me 

please find the attached photo Capture.PNG

5 answers

1 vote
Dan H March 15, 2021

Okay I commented previously... but I managed to finally resolve this issue :D

I found the cause to be from one of our Next Gen projects! They had a column (status) named as "IN REVIEW" which of course created the hidden/backend duplicated status using this case-sensitive title.

As a side note, all other classic and next gen projects in our database use the normal status and column titled "In Review", respectively.

JiraError.png

So in order to fix this what I did was:

1. From the Board view, find and delete the column titled "IN REVIEW" in the next gen project causing the problem
    (you will have to temporarily move all tickets under this to another column/status - so best to note all these tickets prior)
  2. Create the column again, but this time correctly name it "In Review"
  3. Finally move back all those previous tickets that were under this column

Now when I go to any of my Jira searches, this erroneous duplicate status no longer appears! :)

If any admins/moderators see this comment, please note this is a bug with next gen projects that needs addressing. Thank you.

0 votes
anvita.kesharwani December 8, 2020

Facing same issue , please let me know if any solution has been identified for the same.

Wolfgang Karl Schneider December 22, 2020

I have the same problem with a very simple filter, which should only display the issues which have the status <In Progress>
I get as well the same error message as above.
However - the filter works perfectly.
Only the warning message seems to be a problem.

0 votes
Dan H September 21, 2020

Hello,  I am having the exact same issue even though the Status is used in the Workflow for this Issue Type.

JiraStatusError.jpg

The JQL string is this:

issuetype = Bug AND component = "Game Data / Live Tools" AND project = RC AND resolution = Unresolved AND status in ("Fix Failed", "In Progress", "In Review", "Lead Review", "Need More Info", "Not Started", "Request Waive/Close", "Requires New Package", "To Do") ORDER BY priority DESC, updated DESC

And the Workflow being used here for Bug Issue Type is as follows:

JiraBugWorkflow.jpg

Please help  : (

0 votes
서충원 April 23, 2020

For my case, the same problem arises after changing workflow.

image.png

The LINK and JQL string is as follows.

https://midasitdev.atlassian.net/browse/AD-1835?filter=10518

project = AD AND fixVersion in (V250R4, "IRX v10.0") AND status = DONE ORDER BY cf[10044] ASC, priority DESC

Is there  any help?

0 votes
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2018

Can you click the "Advanced" link and attach the JQL string? That will be more helpful.  Basically the problem seems to be that you are trying to specify a Workflow Status that doesn't exist. Seeing the full JQL will help us better troubleshoot, though.

Deleted user April 23, 2018

Thanks for reply. i got solution. that error is workflow scheme problem. 

Dhananjay Kumar September 26, 2019

I am facing the same problem. I identified that it is a workflow scheme problem. how did you solved it?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events